Volunteering, patient organisations and peer support in Päijät-Häme central hospital (coming in autumn 2020)
Volunteering, patient organisations and peer support
in Päijät-Häme central hospital (coming in autumn 2020)
OLKA® Lahti is a bridge between patient organisations, volunteering and the Päijät-Häme central hospital. The purpose is to offer for patients, their families and hospital staff:
- information on patient organisations and peer support.
- time to listen without hurry.
We work at OLKA point, place with OLKA signs, at the hospital temporary lobby next to cafeteria. At OLKA point you can:
- find information and brochyres on patient organisations and peer support.
- talk to OLKA workers and volunteers.
- find volunteer talkmates and hospital guides to help you find your way in the hospital.
If you are interested in volunteering as a hospital guide, we give training for it. Training is in Finnish.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook: OLKA Lahti
Peer support is a type of support where person with same experience listens to other person in need. For example if you get a diagnosis, talking with someone with the same experience can help you feel better and get ideas what would help you with the new situation in life. More info in Finnish and in Swedish: vertaistalo.fi.
OLKA exists already in 12 cities in Finland: olkatoiminta.fi